Monday, June 28, 2010

From my Pastor's sermon:
When we look in the mirror of Scripture we see who we really are, but also who God really is instead of our misconceptions of Him.
This is one of the main reasons I've decided to read through the entire Bible four times in one year. It's not because I feel guilty and want to try to read a set amount to earn God or man's approval but rather I really feel like I don't know who God truly is. When I was younger I listened to so many speakers who sometimes would use Scripture to prove their point when it really wasn't the point that the verse was trying to give. I didn't know how to listen with discernment. I didn't know how to take what was true and leave what wasn't behind. I now want to read God's word with open eyes instead of with my preconceived notions. I want to know it backwards and forwards so I can rightly divide the Word of Truth. And most of all I want to know and see Jesus for who He truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment