Friday, July 9, 2010

The Prodigal God

I just finished reading the book The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith By Timothy Keller. This book discusses the Parable better known as the Prodigal Son. I really appreciated how the author brought out the father and both sons. Each are equally important and each son is equally lost. So often those who do everything right are frustrated because they do everything right yet life doesn't work out the way they think it should. This author really shows that whether fleeing to do your own thing or doing everything right out of self-righteousness that both are not what God is looking for. I found this book at my library so maybe you can too. It would be a good read. I really enjoyed it. (I actually read the book in one day!)
~Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment